Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Two days towards my century

My youngest brother is training for an iron man, and while that is something that i have zero interest in I do enjoy a good bike ride. While looking at the non profit sector in Maine I came across the lobster ride and though I can do the short one and he could do the long one, and it would be something we can do together, like a bonding activity =) I facebooked this idea to him and he called a few days latter to tell me point blank that i should do the century with him, i have a whole year to train .... true point. I am leaving for my destination wedding on Thursday so don't have much time to get started, but i figured why not start now. My goal is to bike for an hour every day between now and than .... the real goal is most likely to bike 6 hours a week, and perhaps when spring come around ill up that once i can bike outside again.

Day 1: Not bad, the traffic and lack of bikeable area in the town is crap, however the West River Community Center has a decent loop around it that i did 5 or 6 times. I went all out on this one, even using Ians I pod for some tunes.... i enjoyed the tunes, the ear buds made my ears hurt.... will have to find a better solution as time passes on.

Day 2: My but hurts, my legs are tired and I only made it 30 min

No comments:

Post a Comment