Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tyler State Park

Continuing to cross train while I await the motivation to fix the brakes on the bike I headed to Tyler state park. Its a smallish state park with a nice selection of trails. I did the loop around the lake, about 3 miles and attempted to find loop C but ended up doing part of loop B. The A,B,C,D trails could use some better markings, however the park is small and you find yourself by the road frequently so no real worries of getting wicked lost. It was a fantastic Texas winter day, lows in the 40's and Highs in the mid 60's

Century Training

Several of the trails are bike friendly, mountain bikes are a must on the trails. I have also seen many people riding road bike on the driving loop in the park. We are without a bike holder on our car, so I have not had the opportunity to take it out in the park yet.

Century Training

Century Training

 The park has an abundance of well maintained campground and cabins for rent. Next time we have friends come down for the weekend I think I will be suggesting that we stay in the cabins and spend the weekend, hiking, fishing, paddle boating and biking.

Century Training


** on a side note getting photos off of my work blackberry and onto blogger was a huge pain. Blogger is too large of a forum for Blackberry browser to support so I had to load the photos to Facebook, download them on my laptop and than post them on this entry... uggg, I hate technology that can not cross communicate

No comments:

Post a Comment