Monday, June 3, 2013

Longview Tx Farmers Market

For over a month now I have had the joy of the downtown Longview Saturday farmers market. While a far cry from those in NY, NJ it fills me with happiness as I journey through the 7 or 8 booths each week gathering fresh local produce, cheese and eggs.

Great deals are hard to find, however excellent in quality, long lasting and full of flavor. This last week I filled my basket with thai goat cheese,
yellow beans, snap peas, egg plant, potatoes, jalapenos and cucumbers. Supplemented with collard greens and cilantro from our garden we have been eating well for the past few days.

Today I discovered that the Fairground Farmers Market has opened for the season and I scored my first peaches of the year! The Fairground Farmers Market is tucked back and a bit hard to see, but go to the fairgrounds, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 8am and noon and you should be able to find it. Its a true gem if you are new to the area and looking for some spectacular inspiration. Tonight for desert we had peach pie with a gram cracker crust YUM!


Here are the links: http://www.longviewfarmersmarket.org/ http://www.historiclongviewfarmersmarket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment