Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mini Blackberry Pies.... thanks Katie!

A dear college friend of mine is a fabulous food blogger and from time to time I go to her blog: http://makingmichaelpollanproud.blogspot.com/ to find inspiration for a weekend cooking/ baking endeavor.

Today she has inspired me to make mini blackberry pies. I want to skip a trip to the store so will be utilizing jiffy pie crust mix made according to the box.

For the filling - inspired by: http://bakedsundaymornings.blogspot.com/

2 tablespoons honey
dash of salt
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoons all purpose flour


The remaining bag of frozen blackberries I found when cleaning out my freezer


Any good weekend baking endeavor has a soundtrack, this weekend is Jake Bugg Radio on Pandora.




Bake the Mini Pies at 350F for 20 min 

I like my pie extra sweet so I added some white sugar on top before serving









2 comments:

  1. You make me really happy, friend! So glad we can inspire each other! Miss you!
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too, and love your food posts, i only wish i was closer so i could share in the yummyness!

    ReplyDelete