Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Breakfast at the Big Texan

 Work brought me to Amarillo (see post on Cadillac Ranch). On my way into town I instantly took note that I was in the home of the Big Texan. Being a vegetarian I was excited to see they are now open for breakfast and saw my opportunity to experience this legendary eatery.

On my day off I went and gave it a try. My feelings are that visually its everything you want, big, gaudy, and stereotypically Texan county.
My host had the rotting/ missing  teeth you see in the old county westerns.

My waitress had the floor length skirt and a true Texan drawl , my table cloth was made to look like a cow and large dead animals and animal parts were proudly displayed on the wall.



Keeping with the visual appeal my breakfast looked perfect but in no way tasted worthy of the $10 it ended up costing me. If you are in Amarillo this is one of those must do stops but perhaps you can go in and have a sweet tea and continue on, Amarillo has much better restaurants for actual eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment