Friday, April 24, 2015

Santa Land

(this post was drafted in Dec 2014 and is just now being published)

As a child on several occasions my parents would put us in the car and drive us through a christmas light display. Now reaching my second year in East Texas and having seen the miles of cars lined up for Santa Land I knew it was time. My husband and I got in the line of cars and slowly crept our way to Santa Land. 

The first bit of advice I have is go pee before you get in line. The second bit is have some sort of book on CD or pod case, I promise you that local radio will get old after the first 30 min that you are in a dead stop on a county road just waiting to have the cars start to move forward.


As we approached the park it was instantly apparent that this was the best idea ever. They have a low frequency raid station that the trees at the entry way are set to and once in the park music is pumped in. This being Texas so many kids were in the beds of pickup trucks lounging on beanbag chairs and eating popcorn, it made me want a pick up all the more.


The park loop will take you a solid 45min and the quality and aww is continual. If you are visiting or living in East Texas a christmas season to Santa Land is well worth your time.


http://santalandtexas.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment