Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Closed Minded Rant


I don’t like those who are closed minded. My religious beliefs are to include everyone and exclusion is against my religion. I desire to live in a community where all people are accepted and children have the opportunity to interact with all types of people who are open-minded and inclusive.
As a nation we need to stand up pull our heads out of our ass and stop blanket hatred from becoming: legal, social acceptable or even something that is worth a discussion. Hatred is wrong.


You say to me; “I feel uncomfortable in my own community with GBLT couples”
I respond; “it’s against my religion to exclude people, and your being exclusive is against what I believe in”

You say to me; “it’s against my religion to allow abortion clinics to operate, and I won’t financially support it”
I respond; “I feel uncomfortable in my own community with closed minded individuals like you”


You say to me; “I want to children to be safe at school and girls’ wearing the Hijab makes them feel unsafe”
I respond; “I desire to have all children be given the opportunity to accept all people and not be ingrained with negative cultural and religious sentiment in the schools”


If we as a country are going to allow exclusion and hatred to become legal it is time we look at what is important to us and recognize that a law banning “This” is as ridiculous as “That”.

This
That
The wearing of a cross to school
The wearing of a Hijab to school
Heterosexual couples from marriage
Homosexual couples from marriage
Men from having vasectomies
Women from having abortions
Mandating everyone always carry proof of citizenship
Mandating all aliens always carry proof of registration



No comments:

Post a Comment