Friday, August 24, 2012

Training for a century!





Working towards my goal .... nothing too crazy yet, a few bike rides to and from work, making a point to get out walking regularly and hope to get some good riding/ hiking done this weekend. Not being sure if the hike/ walk part of my life really has any impact i did some reading and found this

... provide some variety to your workout. Even more variety can be found in mountain biking or roller riding. This is important, because if training gets boring, it most likely gets less intense and possibly less frequent. So don't be afraid to try something new, even if that means competing in a USCF event or even a triathlon. Cross-training is also a bonus for distance cycling because overall body fitness is the key to fighting fatigue in long events. My weekly schedule includes running, hiking, weight lifting, Tae Kwon Do, racquetball, and ultimate frisbee and I am convinced this is an asset to me on the bike....(http://www.adventurecorps.com/way/dctrain.html)

The person who wrote this has done a double century, I think I can trust this advice =) During the same search I found this, that I think I will implement in September, way more than 10 weeks out, but if I can build up to it sooner why not =)

Century Training Plan
WeekLength of Long RideTotal Miles/Week
12555
23065
33573
44081
54590
65099
757110
865122
95075
10Century RideYeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment