Saturday, September 22, 2012

Century Training Week 4

Having over 6 months to get ready was an excellent decision.

This past week I did two 8.2mile days and today knocked out a 16miler. The 8.2 pushed me but were not to bad, I did start to encroach on darkness biking after work and put a headlamp on my helmet (great decision)

The 16mile ride today was excellent, it kicked my ass on the hills but overall I think that I will be able to do 30 miles next weekend. The downside to today's ride is it took me about an hour and a half, so that's about 10 miles an hour and the average time it looks for a century is 6hrs, thus i need to bump up my speed to about 17mph.

This week done, next week I am going to do some more 5milers and work on bumping up my speed. I have also taken to doing some excellent stretching post ride which i feel has really helped me prevent injuries.


No comments:

Post a Comment