Saturday, July 6, 2013

Volunteering in East Texas

This blog started as a way to track our volunteering while overseas and volunteer we did, than returned to the US and started to work for non profits and really have had limited energy to write about volunteering when our lives have been consumed by the non profit sector. All that said I did want to make mention of the 6 month search I went on to find a volunteer opportunity in the Longview/ Kilgore area.

I e-mailed several leads, even stopped at the animal shelter but nothing really seemed to want me, that is until I approached the Kilgore Downtown Development team and they had me join with open arms. I am now trying to do what I can to launch a small business social media strategy to increase business in our historic down town. I did some support for our local comic store and am looking forward to continuing to build the project over the upcoming months!

Moral of the story is with lots of searching and trying you will find something that needs your talent and will give you a volunteer experience here in east Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment