Friday, March 19, 2010

what we are doing with our time!

I realize that my postings have been anything but helpful about the question of what are we doing, really?? So I will attempt to answer this. In the morning I take a Buddhist philosophy class, spend my day time teaching English in a variety of settings, large classrooms (40+), small conversation classes (2-3) and one on one lessons. Most of my students are Tibetan refugees, although I do have a few from Thailand and Korea. My evenings are split between working at a shop that is involved in micro financing the refuge community, attending awareness events held at LIT (the main organization I am working with) and writing articles for the LIT newsletter. Ian is doing many of the same things. We have been taking turns being ill, getting everything from food poising to colds but we hope our immune system will be stronger because of it. We are staying at a cute place called the pink house in upper Dharamsala. It’s a wonderful town and would be happy to recommend it to anyone, as well as share our travel arrangement experiences with anyone who is thinking of traveling in India! We typically have 1.5 days of free time on the weekend creating our main adventuring and getting whatever daily tasks solved that we did not have time for during the week. We both really love the Tibetan culture and are going to look into getting visas for Tibet when we leave India.

I hope everyone is well

Laura& Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment