Monday, October 1, 2012

Century Training Week 5

Monday: 5 miles, 1.5 to work 1.5 home 3 after work and a 1.5 miles walking to the mall, Wendy's and wal-mart

Tuesday: Cross training and rest, Walked home from the mall and than ate Mexican food and sleeping.

Wednesday: 5 Miles, Trying to use today to push my muscles and time I spent this ride two gears higher than I traditionally do and made a point to keep peddling even when gravity was in my favor. I hit a few snags however and my actual time did not improve. First due to the drought the roads are very dusty and today for whatever reason the oil traffic was out in full force.For a mile + on this ride I could barley see 20 feet in front of me due to the dust clouds and breathing was a horrid experience, needless to say i slowed down significantly as I navigated this oil truck dust storm. The second snag was about 4 block from my house when avoiding construction activity I hit something and popped my tire. The result was having to walk the bike home and not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Thursday: Cross training 2.5 miles walking, With my tire still out of service and not time to repair it and get some exercise I opted to do a 2.5 mile walk. Not the same muscle group but building the legs none the less.

Friday: Cross training, 20 min of P90X yoga feeling excellent and noticing the strength in my legs is improving.


Saturday: 20 Miles, Goal 30 Miles, new tire on and 3.5 miles down the highway I get a flat again, back to the bike shop, second time this morning and with a new tire on I am trying a new route around lake Patterson  2.5 miles from my house to the Patterson lake campground, through the campground, onto the railroad access road to the traps man club on 115th. Lovely path along the south western side of the lake, up past the model airplanes club area and onto to 116th street. This bike trail was a 2006 Boy scout project that is now under management of the Dickinson parks and Recreation Department in collaboration with the badlands bike club. this first 3 miles really made me excited to be using the mountain bike as it was designed and to be off the roads and away from the oil trucks. Everything quickly went down hill the trail was gone, I was chest deep in grasses, and I had plunged a good 45 min in this till i hit a hidden log and realized i was in over my head, another 30 min of walking my bike back to the road and having to climb though a barbwire fence I was very grateful to be back on the road. Not exactly sure where I was I headed towards Dickinson Skyline and 9.2 miles latter I had made it home.

Sunday: 3 miles, cross training 1 mile walking. Walk in the morning to loosen up after yesterdays horrid trip, found a lost dog and returned it during this walk. Biked to and from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment